Sir J. O'Sullivan - Character Render

Skin Tests

Skin Tests

Initial Skin Test (Without Eyes)

Initial Skin Test (Without Eyes)

Zbrush Sculpt

Zbrush Sculpt

Initial Scan Data

Initial Scan Data

Facial Reconstruction

Facial Reconstruction

(Unedited) Scanned Photographs - 56 total taken

(Unedited) Scanned Photographs - 56 total taken

Initial Scan Textures on UDIMS

Initial Scan Textures on UDIMS

Reconstructed Scan Textures dilation w/ Paintovers

Reconstructed Scan Textures dilation w/ Paintovers

Hypershade setup

Hypershade setup

Sir J. O'Sullivan - Character Render

I decided to make a tribute to the game 'The Order 1886.' This was the first time I tried out face scanning as a way to get proper face geometry. The face was scanned at a high resolution and reconstructed in ZBrush using dynamesh and a retopology software. Afterwards, I separated the the head into UDIMs and re-projected the original textures with paint-overs as cleanup. The displacements were then added and shaped as per the reference images. Lastly, using a lovely quick method by Sefki Ibrahim, I created a roughness and gloss maps to plug into my skin shader. —
.
.
.
The rest was essentially cosmetic dressing as clothing was simulated, sculpted and added into the final scene render. Textures were made in Substance Painter.